Does anyone know what the Bill's offensive game plan was going into this game? I certainly have no idea.
A couple of things that are concerning to me:
1. Fred Jackson didn't touch the ball.
2. Marshawn Lynch carried the ball 13 times.
3. The routes for the receivers took too long to develop, this did not allow J.P to get into a rythm. This is partly J.P's fault because he seems to look to make the big play too often.
My suggestions for the Bills:
1. Start Trent Edwards when he is healthy (i'm sure they will do this)
2. More quick slants and outs. Let our players make plays!
3. Get the ball to Fred Jackson out the the backfield. The guy is dynamite.
4. Throw the fade to James Hardy in the endzone. I love Lee Evans, but he is 5' 11'' and should not be getting a fade instead of a guy who is 6'5'' and has a 37 inch verticle.
5. Run some trick plays! Trick plays often result in scores. These can win and lose football games. Remember last year when Marshawn threw the td pass to royal?
I love the Bills. However, I am incredibly dissapointed in the offensive coaching. It is Dick Jauron's fault just as much as Turk Schonert's. I understand Dick wanted to keep Turk because he was familiar with Trent, but Turk clearly isn't experienced enough to do this job by himself right now. Maybe we can hire an experienced offensive coordinator in addition to Turk. The problem is that Dick is a defensive guy, not an offensive guy. This clearly shows on Sundays.