- A consistent pass rush automatically improves our secondary. This is my biggest point. Where else can you upgrade a need and in doing so address a completely different area of the field as well? We may not even have to take a corner if we go DE round one.
- Kelsay, Denney are coming off serious injuries
- Our 3 DEs are more effective in a rotation anyways, guaranteeing a blue clip DE plenty of snaps.
- The talent after the top four (Long, Ghol, Harvey, Merling) drop considerably (see the midround DE article) If we want a immediate threat at the D-End spot, it'll have to come right away.
Ideally, I would like to go DE first, although I honestly don't know whether Merlin or Harvey would be a better pick. Then I would like to trade up in the 2nd (using our 3rd which I would have used for a CB, but already addressed implicitly through DE) and ensure we get James Hardy, the last week 1 starting caliber WR, except perhaps Jordy Nelson. Then, with my 4th and hopefully a comp pick, address TE and then the offensive line. I think this takes care of
- Awful Pass rush
- #2 WR
- Implicit help for secondary
- TE prospect
- OLine depth or push for Fowler