I have been ready various posts on this website for two months now. A good portion of what I have read is that the Bills were and going to be the worst of the league this year. I really beg to differ. Let us look at the upside:
1. Our coaching staff is intact. One key to this league is consistancy. By keeping the staff together the building blocks of thier plans for offense, defense, and special teams are there to be improved on not learned again in a new system.
2. We have a core of guys on each part of the game to be leaders. We have Edwards, Lynch, and Evans on Offense, Stroud, Poz, and Whitner on Defense, Moorman and Lindell on Special teams.
3. We are close to getting into the playoffs. We play in the strongest division - there may be a debate with the NFC East on this - and if we were in the NFC West or AFC West I would really be scared of our situation.
4. We do draft people who do come in and play now. Look at who were solid contributers over the last 2 years and alot of them were drafted into a Bills uniform.
1. Our owner will not shell out the money to the right free agents. We could have had a bunch of free agents already and Mr. Wilson will not open the wallet.
2. We are in the stongest divison - I know a repeat but it is good and bad.
3. We do not have a PROVEN General Manager. I really miss the days of Bill Polian. If we had a great GM we would not be in the situation we are in (Peters).
These are just a couple of my thoughts. Let me know what you think.