and think the Bills can rebuild through the draft, I say. Good luck to you friends, because it is not possible in the next 4 years. Below are a few more frustrated 3rd quarter observations.
- I have posted that I believe the Bills need four (4) new starting LBs. I am now convinced that is true. We lack explosive athletes at the LB position. Poz, is mediocre at best at ILB. He is consistently unable to make a sideline tackle until the runner has picked up 7 yards. He is simply slow. And he does not stack or shed well on interior runs. There is not another ILB worth mentioning on this roster. The Bills dearth of OLB talent was made crystal clear in today's game against the Jets. We do not have one starting caliber OLB on this roster, and the Jets routinely gained the edge on patient outside runs. Thus,
- The Bill's had, and have, absolutely no business playing a 3-4 defense now or in the future. They are simply ill equipped to play this defense with the front 7 personnel available.
- Bell impressed me a bit more today at OT than Levitre or Wood did at guard given their respective experience in college and the NFL. And that scares me. I hope I have not been drinking the Levitre/Wood Kool Aid before seeing any on field results. But I am worried about our entire O Line, not just our tackles.
- I have seen enough of Marshawn Lynch as a Bill. I don't care if we only get a 4th round pick for him or a marginal starting player in exchange for him. Fred J. is just better, period. I think Chan is out of his mind playing Marshawn over Fred. This team has calm leadership under Fitz that helps the O Line. Chan should realize that Fred also helps the O Line with his calm demeanor, great vision, and his ability to make plays (ie 1st downs). Any of you guys that think keeping Marshawn is the smart play due to his youthneed to understand that ML will not re-sign with Buffalo. So, ML only has 2 years left as a Bill as well.
- Fitzy has a huge set and is a very good leader. He is a smart heady football player who plays his heart out. He'll be a Hell of a coach in the future.
- KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid. This team needs to focus on the trenches. If the team does not fix the O Line and Front seven, who is at QB will make little difference.
- This team had better dive into FA next year. They had better spend $$ like it grows on trees. The fans deserve better and the team deserves better players. Throwing rookies into this broken mess will simply squander their future potential. We need to bring in some veterans from winning teams to show our younger players how to excel as professional football players. They need to be taught to win. by those that have experience winning.
- That is it.