I have followed the Bills since O. J. Simpson to us losing to the Dolphins for a decade to us getting our hearts ripped out in four super bowls but now I have to look past this season. The Bills lack the talent on both sides of the ball to be a winning team. It is that simple. The offense cannot stop the pass rush or create a consistant running game. The defense is not good enough to stop the run or get off the field on third downs. It is not the coach's fault it is simply a lack of talent. Ralph Wilson has to spend some money to put a better product on the field. He also has to allow his staff to get players in who may be a risk . Ten years is way too long to wait for the playoffs.
Here is what I suggest can be done to improve for 2011.
1. Draft Andrew Luck. He is the most consistant and best QB prospect coming out. I know Locker and Mallet are out there also but Luck seems to just have the step above them.
2. Pick up good offensive tackles. Our tackles right now just suck. Green and Bell are swinging doors and need to be gone or backups. Spend the money to get a solid pair of tackles.
3. Get another fat guy for the middle. A fat nose tackle with any talent can take up blockers and give the rest of our defense a chance.
4. Trade Lynch, Evans, and one of our many CB's. Lee Evans is a solid deep threat but we can obtain that through the draft. Lynch can work for us or get us some sort of draft picks for 2011. The talent on the back end of our defense can help us get more talent in other areas if traded well.'
5. Have our scouts get good talent that can play now and not just undrafted FA.