I know that's not really saying much, but let's be honest here, this team is not nearly as bad as it's record would indicate. And there are many things that show that we actually are a good team that just needs to learn how to finish a game.
And this isn't to make excuses either, there is no excuse for losing, but it doesn't hurt too look at facts either.
1. In the last 2 weeks we have brought two playoff teams into OT.
2. We have the third hardest schedule in the NFL this season.
3. We have a "Journeyman" QB that is playing in Pro-Bowl form right now, despite the ending results in the games.
4. We have been competing in EVERY game but the one loss against the Jets. This team could actually be hovering around .500 had just a few things go our way in other games.
5. The O is actually emerging as not only respectable, but something that other teams actually need to plan against and maybe even fear.
On the down side though, there is a reason why we a 0-7
1. Even if we compete for the full 60 minutes (and over) this team has yet to learn how to finish a game.
2. While the O is emerging as a good group, we still have HUGE holes at both tackle positions. Today Bell looked average at best and Howard was dominated all day long today.
3. This may actually be the worst defense against the run in league history. There I said it.
4. This young team is still learning the ropes of the NFL and they just can't seem to figure everything out, yet.
5. The Jauronian era left us with more busts than hits in the first round and it is REALLY hurting this team.
All of this is to say that yes we are 0-7, and there are many reasons for that, but we don't even come close to being as bad as the 2008 Lions, the 2007 Dolphins or the Bucs of the late 70's. In fact I don't even think that we're the worst team in the league this year, I think we're better than the Panthers, and maybe even the Cowboys, despite what our record says.
So that's my case for us. We may be an 0-7 team, but we may also be the best 0-7 team that this league has seen in a looong time.