I'm trying to be optimistic about our future. Here are some players worth being optimistic about.
1. Ryan Fitzpatrick - No, he's not Mr. Right, but he is Mr. Right Now. He will be a great mentor for whatever QB we draft next year (and please tell me we will draft a QB next year).
2. C.J. Spiller - The best 1st round pick Buffalo has made in a long time. I hope Spiller will factor into Buffalo's offensive game plan more and more as the season progresses.
3. David Nelson - And he didn't even cost us a draft pick! We may not have an elite WR corps, but we do have some depth and promise at that position.
4. Demetrius Bell - For a Jauron seventh-round pick, we've certainly gotten our money's worth. Bell isn't the cream of the LT crop, but he's young, solid, and improving. Like Gailey said, we need to stack players on top of players. This is particularly true for us at the tackle position. No more Cornell Greens, please. Draft more O-line next year and stack 'em!
5. Eric Wood - He had a bad game, but let's not throw out the baby with the bath water. Along with Levitre, Wood should be an anchor on our line for years to come. The offensive tackle situation is what hurts us, and bad.
7. Torrel Troup - A solid pick. Perhaps we reached for him in the second round, but we need more of these tough, lunch-pail type players on our team.