As the season is only two weeks away its about that time to get into this whole draft and free agency thing. Each round has a few options just to be a little more accurate. I do apologize for not putting a link in from http://walterfootball.com/draft2011.php where I used most of my information.
1) Fairley is off the board, and I dont think we should use the third pick on a WR or a QB. Green is amazing but we have WRs we need some Defensive talent and I dont see any QB really turning my head to use the third pick on.
Patrick Peterson, CB - there is no doubt this kid improves our D as soon. And second, Peterson is the best player on the board, outside of A.J. Green. Cornerbacks are seldom taken in the top three, but then again, we said the same thing about defensive tackles prior to the 2010 NFL Draft. Like Ndamukong Suh and Gerald McCoy, Peterson is a special sort of talent that doesn't come around very often.
Marcell Dareus, DE/DT - Marcell Dareus would be a great fit up front in Buffalo's 3-4. With Williams, and Edwards we have a dominate front if we add Dareus. He can only help our run D.
Robert Quinn, DE/OLB - Aaron Maybin is a bust and could be cut this offseason. Help is needed at rush linebacker. Really like this guy. I believe he could really help out as a pass rusher. Him and Merriman plus Moats could be a good rotation.
2) Martez Wilson, ILB, Illinois - Using 3-4 defense, Buffalo needs some help on the inside. If we keep poz this could be a good pick up to help out the run game.
Demarcus Love, OT, Arkansas - He would be a great fit for the RT position and that would sure up our O-line. Could be a good pick up in the 2nd round.
Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame - Does Buffalo even have a TE...I dont think so. Its time to get someone who can block and make some plays.
3) Deunta Williams, FS, North Carolina - With Whitner possibly gone this would be a good pick up for Buffalo to get that secondary sured up again.
Andy Dalton, QB, TCU - Dalton has a big upside I believe. This kid could sit under Fitz for a year and develop and if Buffalo needs him to replace Fitz its worth a shot. But hopefully Dalton can sit a year or two and develop.
4) Lee Ziemba, OT/G, Auburn - Buffalo needs to improve the line and what better way than to stack it with depth and talent. Ziemba could take Woods spot at RG and than more Wood to center, but either way Ziemba makes sense at least for depth.
4) Kelvin Sheppard, ILB, LSU - Helps sure up that run D and who knows if Poz sticks around
5) Tori Gurley, WR, South Carolina - 6'5, 230 pounds big guy and could be a Red Zone target
Cecil Shorts, WR, Mount Union - Smaller faster like Parrish, could fit in a slot if Parrish gets hurt or anything
Last two picks are for depth if they even make the team
6) DE, CB, or O-line
7) O-Line, DE
Grading the Draft
Great Draft...hope Chix is looking at it (78 votes)
Average Draft...needs some changes (126 votes)
Horrible Draft...comments below (22 votes)
226 total votes