Buffalo Bills head coach Chan Gailey spoke with local media on Monday afternoon as the 4-2 Bills embark on their bye week. Here are the notable stories emerging from that media session, which Joe Buscaglia of WGR 550 thoroughly and accurately summed up here.
- Chris Hairston (ankle) will miss 2-4 weeks after yesterday's injury, but Demetrius Bell is making progress and may be available for Week 8 against Washington.
- Gailey deferred to Shawne Merriman on his injury status; Merriman told reporters that he expects to play in Week 8.
- No injury update on Kyle Williams, who is undergoing further tests. Torell Troup, however, is not close to 100 percent, per Gailey.
- Kelvin Sheppard may not start, but he will now see the lion's share of inside linebacker reps next to Nick Barnett. He'll replace Andra Davis.
- Gailey was pleased with the performance of C.J. Spiller at receiver, and indicated that Spiller could continue to serve in that capacity until Donald Jones returns from injury.