I'm nothing close to a college scout, or even much of a fan for that matter... so when it comes to draft day scenarios and such I'm pretty much useless. Therefore I leave it to you fine folks to give me the info on prospects and such. One thing I am a fan of is the NFL and of course, our Buffalo Bills. Free agency is fun for me as a fan. I love seeing teams make splashes and just to see some change happen. It's one of the only reasons I purchase Madden every year, for the updated rosters. It goes without saying, I wish our team would make some good signings this off season. In the past we've made some real good signings, like the Takeo Spikes and London Fletcher pickups. I loved those guys. This year there are some free agents who I hope we might take a look at and maybe pursue (that is, if they don't re-sign with their respective teams.) Of course when it comes to personnel moves I'm not much of a pro there either, but I do love to speculate and would like some feedback and your own opinions on what you think we should do as a team in the off season. So here's a list of guys I'd like to see us (possibly) pursue:
1. Vincent Jackson(SD) WR- I'm sure that SD will make him an offer, but I have a feeling there's some bad blood between the player and the front office. I also know he'll get some nice offers from other teams and that he's not getting any younger. But he's a guy who can stretch the field, he has size and speed, and above all he's a red zone threat.
2. Terrell Thomas(NYG) CB- I'm not a fan of Drayton Florence or McKelvin's play this year, it's actually made me a little sick at times. I love what I've seen from Aaron Williams and at times, Justin Rogers. We need a solid veteran to help these young guys out and I'd rather them not have Florence teaching them how to interfere with passes. If I had to keep one of the aforementioned CB's, I'd keep Leodis. I love McGee as well, but injuries speak for themselves.
3. Peyton Hillis(CLE) RB- I know, trust me I know. This isn't something I really think we would consider, but it is an interesting prospect. At first, Cleveland seemed gung-ho to get him signed and now it looks like there's no way he re-signs with the Browns. It would be a crowded backfield and I love Fred Jackson, truly. I just think we don't bring him back once his contract is up even though Buddy Nix "promised" he'd get paid. I could see us trading up to get a QB we like for a 1st and Freddy or something along those lines. Indy could use a Fred Jackson to go with Manning. Hillis and Spiller would be a scary 1-2 punch in the backfield.
4. Matt Flynn(GB) QB- Could be worth a look if we decide we won't be going after one of the top QB prospects in the draft. Learning behind Aaron Rodgers was beneficial to him, no doubt. I just don't know how much money he'll command in free agency. If he plays Week 17, maybe we'll get a glimpse of his talent level.
5. Jermichael Finley/Marcedes Lewis/Visanthe Shiancoe- I highly doubt any of these guys make it to the free agency period, but if one of them did I say we grab one of them. All are playmakers and could be utilized in our system.
I'm almost certain none of these guys will be playing for the Buffalo Bills next year but, like I said, I like to speculate and dream about what could be. Let me know what you guys think!