...or at least horrifying draft scenarios that will keep me awake tonight.
- Nix said the Bills won't take a receiver. He's also said that he's a pathological liar this time of the year. The first of my nightmare scenarios involves Buffalo going offense at 3 and 34, specifically AJ Green and a sliding Mark Ingram. The defense gets the bulk of the picks, as promised, but only from round 3 onwards. OT gets a lick and a promise.
- Carolina is set on AJ Green and doesn't want to take him at 1. The Panthers call the Bills and ask for 3 and 34 for first overall. Carolina picks up a second rounder and gets the guy they want anyway. Buffalo gets, drum roll, Cameron Newton and no help for the defense until the 3rd round.
- Nix turns down a trade with Cincy or Arizona and makes a baffling selection at 3, like Tyron Smith. (I'm just being paranoid here....Nix didn't reach in 2010.)
- Nix uses picks 34 and 68 to move into the mid-late 20s to reach for a QB instead of sitting at 34 and waiting to see what players are pushed down the board by a QB run.
- Nix mortgages the future by trading 34 and Buffalo's 2012 first round (virtually certain to be a top 10 selection) to Cleveland in order to select Gabbert. I've got nothing against Gabbert but players associated with Buffalo's deals to get back into the first all have a stink about them. The curse could literally be the difference between Gabbert being a bust and an all-pro.
- Nix will inexplicably dither and be late on getting the card turned in. By the time the Bills realize what's going on Cincy and Arizona have gotten their picks in, with Dareus, Miller and Peterson all off the board.
- My internet connection will fail and southern New Mexico will be socked in by the thickest cloud cover ever seen in this part of the world which completely wipes out my DirecTV connection. To complete the horror, the local Verizon cell phone tower will get hit by a drunk and topple over, rendering my Droid impotent.
- Nix will conduct the draft masterfully, leaving me nothing to gripe about.
Are you steeling yourself for a horrifying night or prepping for a great night of excellent picks, quality snacks, and amiable companionship here on Rumblings?
I'm readying for the worst. I've got the tallest building around plugged into my GPS. (31 votes)
I'm looking forward to a great 3 day draft by the Bills. (66 votes)
97 total votes