Hello again, and welcome to the 2011 Buffalo Rumblings Community Mock Draft!
The scenario is pretty simple: make the best possible pick for your given team. Ignore what you think will happen, or what you would like to happen with regard to the Bills, and focus on selecting a player you personally who will be productive for a long time; especially with respect to your adopted franchise's needs (if you believe in that word). More notes after the jump.
I was pretty much able to give everyone the team they wanted, save an instance or two where that team had been selected already. The rest were random. See the table below for the draft order and deadlines.
|1||Carolina||J2||April 8, 2011||Midnight||Cam Newton, QB, Auburn|
|2||Denver||UZ||April 9, 2011||7pm||Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama|
|3||Buffalo||Perkis Power||April 9, 2011||Midnight||Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri|
|4||Cincinnati||Mindbender14||April 10, 2011||7pm||AJ Green, WR, Georgia|
|5||Arizona||BillsBacker81||April 10, 2011||Midnight||Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M|
|6||Cleveland||Rbbills||April 11, 2011||7pm||Patrick Peterson, CB, Louisana State|
|7||San Francisco||MJuice23||April 11, 2011||Midnight||Daquan Bowers, DE, Clemson|
|8||Tennessee||Winnie33||April 12, 2011||7pm||JJ Watt, DE, Wisconsin|
|9||Dallas||jbbillfan||April 12, 2011||Midnight||Tyron Smith, OT, Southern California|
|10||Washington||BuffaloBlue Blood||April 13, 2011||7pm||Julio Jones, WR, Alabama|
|11||Houston||y2bianchi||April 13, 2011||Midnight||Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina|
|12||Minnesota||neverbeentobuffalo||April 14, 2011||7pm||Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska|
|13||Detroit||nickdaniels||April 14, 2011||Midnight|
|14||St. Louis||Xaviermw||April 15, 2011||7pm|
|15||Miami||billsoferie||April 15, 2011||Midnight|
|16||Jacksonville||Undee||April 16, 2011||7pm|
|17||New England||Kevin Allen Massare||April 16, 2011||Midnight|
|18||San Diego||Jason Holodook||April 17, 2011||7pm|
|19||NY Giants||John Paul King Baron||April 17, 2011||Midnight|
|20||Tampa Bay||nickdaniels||April 18, 2011||7pm|
|21||Kansas City||Superduff||April 18, 2011||Midnight|
|22||Indianapolis||TexasBillsFanatic||April 19, 2011||7pm|
|23||Philadelphia||JonasPounder||April 19, 2011||Midnight|
|24||New Orleans||TrufflePig||April 20, 2011||7pm|
|25||Seattle||buffalobacker||April 20, 2011||Midnight|
|26||Baltimore||matthew62||April 21, 2011||7pm|
|27||Atlanta||kgun201||April 21, 2011||Midnight|
||April 22, 2011||7pm|
|29||Chicago||SouthBuffaloNDgrad||April 22, 2011||Midnight|
|30||NY Jets||norcaliangelsfan||April 23, 2011||7pm|
|31||Pittsburgh|| Japan John
||April 23, 2011||Midnight|
|32||Green Bay||sabrelake1||April 24, 2011||7pm|
A few more notes...
- I had initially said to post each pick as a fanpost, but that would probably clog up the fanpost section. As there doesn't appear to be a comment length limit, the just post your pick and explanation in the comments. I'll start a new post if this one gets lengthy.
- When you post,start of the post with the pick number, team name, selection, and college with your rationale underneath. Format example follows:
"3. Buffalo Bills-Mark Ingram, Alabama
With the departure of Marshawn Lynch, the Bills are looking slightly thin at... etc."
- Rec any/all pick comments. This will help them stand out a little bit easier. (h/t poz)
- I'm going to be strict about the deadlines, only because I want to try to finish by draft time. If you know you are going to be busy near your deadline, email me your pick and a couple of backups (in case your #1 is gone) in advance. Otherwise, I'm going to get someone else to make the pick to keep things moving.
- The dates and times are only your deadline. If you are ready to select, by all means do so. In fact, it is encouraged. Also, if we get really far ahead, I may move up the deadlines in order to avoid a situation with a 5 day lag. If i move your date up, you will still have at least a days warning. But please stay tuned in order as not to miss your pick.
- If all goes smoothly (and quickly), we can do a second round. We'll see how it goes.
- Post below if you are interested in being an alternate.
- Rec this post to keep it towards the top.
- No trades.
I think that covers everything, but if I missed something, please do not hesititate to ask. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org
NickDaniels IS ON THE CLOCK.