I just got the Sporting News for 2011. Throughout the Magazine they give some stats, thoughts on the past season, and outlook on the incoming season. I found some stats pretty interesting and saw some areas Buffalo should improve on.
By the Numbers - Team Stats - NFL Rank
Total Offense - 304.9 - 25
Rushing - 107.5 - 18
Passing - 197.4 - 24
Scoring - 283 - 28
Punt Returns - 10.5 - 13t
Kick Returns - 21.1 - 24
Red Zone TD % - 51.4 - 18
Total Defense - 361.6 - 24
Against Rush - 169.6 - 32
Against Pass - 192.0 - 3
Points Allowed - 425 - 28
Interceptions - 11- 28t
Sacks - 27 - 27t
Turnover Diff - -17 - 32
AFC Passing (min. 241+ attempts)
13. Fitz - 3000 yds - 23 tds - 15 ints - 24 sacks - 81.8 Rating
14. Henne - 3,301 - 15 tds - 19 ints - 30 sacks - 75.4 Rating
15. Sanchez - 3,291 - 17 tds - 13 ints - 27 sacks - 75.3
1) I believe we need to become more physical on the Defensive side of the ball. Just dont have the sacks and the ints that we need to help out the offense.
2) Offense is a unit for us that could come alive. Buffalo used the WRs great last year. Stevie, Lee (need some more), Roosevelt, Jones, Nelson, Parrish (before he got hurt). We have the players to bring the O alive. I would like to see a bit more of Jackson an bigger splash of Spiller and a good dose of those young WRs that can move the chains.
3) I know its not good Fitz is at the bottom of the AFC list however, he is above two QBs who had more wins so I am hoping this is a sign that Fitz can keep us in games and win some of those close games this coming year that Buffalo lost last year.
4) This lockout needs to end....so all Buffalo fans can stand behind this team. Don't ever give up hope a few years ago this team was 5-1 at one point with Edwards haha. Lets GO BUFFALO
Stats brought to you by Sporting News 2011 Pro Football