Near the start of every month, we're going to poll the readers of Buffalo Rumblings on their state of mind regarding the chief decision-makers of the Buffalo Bills. This is your poll to state your pleasure, or lack thereof, with GM Buddy Nix. Here are some stories Nix has been heavily involved with over the last month.
- Traded receiver Lee Evans to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for a 2012 fourth-round pick. Later confirmed a report (to the extent explained here) that Jim Overdorf was heavily involved in trade negotiations.
- Waived third-year pass rusher Aaron Maybin, the No. 11 overall pick in the 2009 NFL Draft.
- Signed veteran linebacker Kirk Morrison to a one-year deal after Reggie Torbor was placed on Injured Reserve.
- Signed defensive tackle Kyle Williams to a six-year, $39 million contract extension with $17 million guaranteed. Remained $24 million under the salary cap after the deal.
- Has reportedly discussed contract extensions with both Steve Johnson (link) and Roscoe Parrish (link). The Bills and Johnson are not yet close to a deal.
- Prominent roster cuts included Naaman Roosevelt, Shawn Nelson, Ed Wang, Geoff Hangartner, Antonio Coleman and Reggie Corner.
- Acquired two players via the waiver wire: tight end Lee Smith (link) and tackle Sam Young (link). Released tight end Zack Pianalto and receiver Ruvell Martin in the process.
- Confirmed that the team is grooming rookie fourth-round pick Chris Hairston as the left tackle of the future.
Previous Five Approval Polls
76% approval March 2011 (7% disapproval)
79% approval April 2011 (5% disapproval)
92% approval May 2011 (2% disapproval)
92% approval June 2011 (2% disapproval)
73% approval August 2011 (10% disapproval)