The first thing I want to say is anyone on the Bills team can literally make the pro bowl, yes even guys like Donald Jones or Erik Pears, but realistically only a few can. Lets look at players who have an actual shot at it next year. (no particular order)
1. Jarius Byrd, Byrd made the Pro Football Focus, often heralded as the best statistical organization ever for the NFL, to their all pro second team. and to quote them "Byrd has gone from overrated rookie, to underrated star. He should be very proud with that transformation." The Byrdman might be the best defensive player the bills have on the defense. with 98 tackles, 1 sack, 3 forced fumbles, and 3 interceptions he is IMO one of the best safeties in the league
2. Kyle Williams. He is just a year removed from a pro bowl selection and if he can get healthy than he is one of the top DT's in the nation. but, (just like everyone else on the bills team) he is underrated and undervalued in this league.
3. Stevie Johnson (FA).RESIGN STEVIE JOHNSON he is the only receiving threat currently on this team and he is also the only player in the entire NFL who can actually be a consistent player going up against Darrelle Revis, AKA the best cornerback in football. He has had 2 straight 1000 yard season and is becoming one of the premier guys in football. even though he gives CHIX a big headache he has room to mature and grow. He is also entering his 3rd starting year in the Gailey offense and that is usually the time when wide receivers go into their prime. 'nuff said.
4. Eric Wood. if only people knew his name huh? becoming one of the best centers in the league and is also a great leader. most casual fans in the NFL wont even know this guy, or for that matter everyone else on the Bills O-line, but constant observers see that this guy makes opposing players pay when they line up in front of him.
5. Andy Levitre. constant LG of the Bills has seen alot of playing time at 3 positions LG (his natural and position where he is best at), LT (Solid starter but nothing special), and C (may not be his thing). But this guy can play ball and is part of the Bills underrated O-line which gave up 23 sacks on the season.
6. Marcel Dareus. Going into his second year the multi-faceted defensive star was the 3rd overall pick of last years draft. was somewhat inconsistent but looked like a star in the making. look for him to be in pro bowl conversation by year 3.
7. Nick Barnett. Has some injury issues but is one of the best free agent pick ups of last year. is a sideline to sideline defender and is not a liability in coverage. he's 30 years old but recorded 130 tackles, 3 sacks, and 3 picks.
thanks for reading and again this was in no particular order. comments are welcome.
who do you think has the best chance that can make it next year?
Jarius Byrd (40 votes)
Kyle Williams (30 votes)
Stevie Johnson (9 votes)
Eric Wood (11 votes)
Andy Levitre (6 votes)
Marcel Dareus (41 votes)
Nick Barnett (5 votes)
Other (comment below) (4 votes)
146 total votes