At or near the start of every month, we're going to poll the readers of Buffalo Rumblings on their state of mind regarding the chief decision-makers of the Buffalo Bills. This is your poll to state your pleasure, or lack thereof, with GM Buddy Nix. Here are some stories Nix has been heavily involved with over the last month.
- Bills finished 6-10 and were 1-4 since last poll (L 17-23 to TEN; L 10-37 to SD; L 23-30 to MIA; W 40-14 over DEN; L 21-49 to NE).
- Final offensive rankings: No. 14 overall (351.5 YPG), No. 15 passing (231.4 YPG), No. 13 rushing (120.1 YPG), No. 14 scoring (23.2 PPG).
- Final defensive rankings: No. 26 overall (371.1 YPG), No. 19 passing (232.1 YPG), No. 28 rushing (139.0 YPG), No. 30 scoring (27.1 PPG).
- Signed starting right tackle Erik Pears (30 in June) to a three-year, $9.3 million contract extension.
- Negotiations with free agent-to-be Stevie Johnson broke down again; Johnson reportedly set a $7.5M asking price in the second round of negotiations.
- The team pursued Green Bay practice squad (now third-string) quarterback Graham Harrell, who decided to stay put.
- Players added to the roster since last poll: TE Kevin Brock, TE Fendi Onobun, OG Michael Jasper, DE Jarron Gilbert, K Brandon Coutu.
- Players removed from the roster since last poll: TE Lee Smith, TE Mike Caussin, OLB Antonio Coleman, K Rian Lindell, K Dave Rayner.
Previous Five Approval Polls
73% approval August 2011 (10% disapproval; 2,929 votes)
66% approval September 2011 (15% disapproval; 2,713 votes)
79% approval October 2011 (7% disapproval; 1,886 votes)
89% approval November 2011 (2% disapproval; 2,285 votes)
55% approval December 2011 (24% disapproval; 1,638 votes)