At the start of every month, we poll the readers of Buffalo Rumblings on their state of mind regarding the chief decision-makers of the Buffalo Bills. This is your poll to state your pleasure, or lack thereof, with head coach Chan Gailey. Here are some stories Gailey has been heavily involved with over the last month.
- The Bills are 2-2 through the first quarter of the 2012 regular season (L 28-48 to 2-2 NYJ; W 35-17 over 1-3 KC; W 24-14 over 0-4 CLE; L 28-52 to 2-2 NE)
- Offense ranks: No. 11 overall (387.7 YPG), No. 22 passing (229.8 YPG), No. 4 rushing (158.0 YPG), No. 6 scoring (28.8 PPG)
- Defense ranks: No. 27 overall (406.5 YPG), No. 23 passing (269.5 YPG), No. 28 rushing (137.0 YPG), No. 30 scoring (32.8 PPG)
- Bills are now 12-24 under Gailey through two-plus seasons, including 2-12 in AFC East games (10-12 in intra-division play)
- Team continues to rotate players in the starting lineup: Erik Pears and Chris Hairston split reps at right tackle; Aaron Williams and Terrence McGee share reps at cornerback; and George Wilson splits reps with Da'Norris Searcy at strong safety.
- Okayed an unexpected mid-season change at punter when the team released team captain Brian Moorman and replaced him with undrafted rookie free agent Shawn Powell.
For an archive of past Gailey approval ratings here at Buffalo Rumblings, check out our new Gailey approval poll hub.