From last night:
1. Our defense is not as good as it looked against KC, CLE, PHX, or MIA, and it is not as bad as it looked against NE (2), JETS, and TEN.
2. We need Jackson back. The two RB's are greater together than the sum of their parts.
3. Fitz wasn't bad, with 63% completions rate and around 6 YPA, and no interceptions.
1. As weather worsens, us and other teams will run more. Whether or not this favors us remains to be seen. I will say, however, that our D seems to do well when a team is only one-dimensional. It is worrying about the the run and pass simultaneously that kills us (see Houston bootlegs, NE 1).
2. We are now in a log jam with 5 other teams that have a legitimate shot at getting one of two remaining WC spots. Colts and Steelers look vulnerable (especially with the Big Ben injury). Winner of Colts game could determine WC spot. Remember, while we are entering the easy stretch of our schedule, all other wild card chasers are getting into the tough part of their schedule (Colts face Houston twice, NE, etc... Steelers face BAL twice). Call me crazy, but one of the AFC wild card teams could conceivably be 8-8 this year. That is a distinct possibility looking at the schedule.
3. We have an extra long week to prep for Indy and get healthy. As we've seen, Chan benefits from having the time to cook up his wily offensive schemes. I'd love a Freddy and Mark Anderson spotting! If we loose in Indy, we'll have to go 5-0 to have any chance which would be a stretch.