Good morning My Fellow Rumbler's,
In case you were wondering, no this isn't the beginning of the new Morning Joe! Series, so I'm sorry to disappoint :). However, I did promise to bring back the series after the season was over, and technically its over but I'll wait until the off season officially begin.
So what's going on?
As most of you may have read already on NFL.Com or ESPN, 49ers S Dashon Goldson said he has paid out over $75,000 in fines in his career. So out of pure intrigue, I wanted to find a source that list the amount of fines that was given out by the league. I came across this website that list ALL of the fines that was paid by players, coaches, teams, GM, owners, referee, and agents since 1986. It's a pretty interesting list so feel free to check it out when you get chance. For those of you, who don't have the time, I will provide you with a brief analysis.
- Franchise with the most fines- Minnesota Vikings (61 Times)
- Franchise with the least amount of fines- Indianapolis Colts (7 Times)
- Franchise that paid the most amount of money in fines- San Francisco 49ers ($2,583,500)
- Franchise that paid the least amount of money in fines- Atlanta Falcons ($26,100)
- (Buffalo Bills- Fined 9 Times (Ranked 31st) for $139,325 (Ranked 28th)
- Most fined position- Line Backer (128 times)
- Least fined position- Full Back (1 time) Shaun Chapas 25k Dec 9, 2011 (Blind-sided Cardinals LB)
- Position that paid the most amount of money in fines- Line Backer ($2,554,676)
- Position that paid the least amount of money in fines- Punter ($15,250)
- Side of the ball that has been fined- Defense (483 times); Offense (242 times)
- The amount of money each side of the ball has paid in fines- Defense ($7,660,688); Offense ($3,327,889)
- Both Bill Belichick and Bill Cowher has been fined twice by the league. Belichick however has been fined the most amount of money by any coach, $550,00 (Spygate and contact with an official)
- Player who has been fined the most- WR Randy Moss-(10 times for $165,000)
- Player who has paid the most in fines- RB Jamaal Lewis- $760,000
- Top 10 Players who have been fined the most- Moss (10), Finnegan (9), Chad OchoCinco (8), James Harrison (6), Joey Porter (5), Jared Allen (5), Richie Incognito (5), Warren Sapp (5), Brian Urlacher (4)
So according to this site, the NFL has given out over $17 million worth of fines, and it's largest ever that was given out was to former 49ers owner Ed Bartolo for $1,000,000. Also, it sucks to be a defensive player, as they are fined double the amount of time as offensive players.
So what do you think Rumblers? I'm curious to get your opinion on these findings.
Have at it!