Here's why I hope it happens.
I would like to start out by mentioning that there will be a Toronto game so please no witty comments later saying "I don't want to play any team in Toronto" or whatever verbiage.
1. I want the divisional rivals in the friendly confines of RWS.
2. I have an affinity for KC. One of our brethren AFL rivals. Their blog is similar to ours, and their fans are generally classier then other teams. Also our last several games against them have been in KC. They need to feel some Buffalo home cooking.
3. Cincinnati is just a six hour drive from Buffalo. Hopefully some of their fans come up to watch an alliterative "Bills Beat Bengals Badly" result.
4. I do not feel Baltimore wins this coming Super Bowl, and that means Ray Lewis and Ed Reed return next year. WNY fans get to watch them for the last time. Enjoy your retirement after the Bills knock you out of play-off contention.
5. Atlanta plays home games in a dome. no reason to give them that advantage.
6. That leaves Carolina. The Panthers lose more often than not against dome teams. The last five seasons, 2008-12, they are 3-11 (21.4 winning percentage) in a dome versus 32-34 (48.5) in other games. Of their three dome wins over this period they just beat New Orleans to close out this season in a game as meaningless as today's Jets-Bills game, a similar "run for the bus" last game of the season also against the Saints in 2008, and the third victory was against the hapless Indianapolis Colts last season. The eleven losses were by an average 13.4 points, with only two (14-16, 20-28) being less than double digits.
7. Whether you agree or not, Cam Newton has a bit of "star power", or name recognition, which may appeal to the Rogers Communication Group as a way to increase attendance.
8. The first two years of the Toronto series saw division rivals Miami and NYJ, which I believe all saw as not a good plan. They changed course with NFC teams Chicago Bears, Washington Redskins and Seattle Seahawks for the last three. I expect the NFC trend to continue.
There you have it, My Top
Ten Eight reasons for Carolina Panthers versus the Buffalo Bills @ The Rogers Centre.