At or near the start of every month, we're going to poll the readers of Buffalo Rumblings on their state of mind regarding the chief decision-makers of the Buffalo Bills. This is your poll to state your pleasure, or lack thereof, with GM Buddy Nix. Here are some stories Nix has been heavily involved with over the last month.
- Told reporters that the team plans on trying to re-sign receiver Stevie Johnson, noting that the sides had discussed a deal since the end of the season. That report was refuted by Johnson's agent, and a new report indicates that no progress has been made.
- Confirmed plans to extend Fred Jackson's contract, but cautioned that it's a lower priority, targeting prior to the 2012 season as a goal.
- Was non-committal about defensive scheme in early January, noting that the team's biggest issue was its need for a pass rush, regardless of alignment. (The team has since switched back to the 4-3.)
- Re-signed long snapper Garrison Sanborn to a three-year, $3.21 million deal with a $530,000 signing bonus.
- Signed seven players to reserve/future deals, including five players on the practice squad and two street free agents: receiver David Clowney and linebacker Scott McKillop.
- Flatly denied rumors that he's planning on retiring following the 2012 NFL Draft. CEO Russ Brandon provided a similar sentiment.
Previous Five Approval Polls
66% approval September 2011 (15% disapproval; 2,713 votes)
79% approval October 2011 (7% disapproval; 1,886 votes)
89% approval November 2011 (2% disapproval; 2,285 votes)
55% approval December 2011 (24% disapproval; 1,638 votes)
51% approval January 2012 (27% disapproval; 2,333 votes)