Hey guys welcome to another addition to Prospects where I break down the top 5 prospects at positions of need for the Bills from what I've seen on tap. Enjoy the Receivers.
1. Justin Blackmon 6-1 207: Like what I've seen from this guy. Has a strong release at the line of scrimmage and uses his hands to get away from DB's rather than his speed which isn't as impressive. Has nice strong hands but has some concentration lapses when he thinks about making a move before catching the ball. He does a great job using his body to separate from defenders when running a slant route. Doesn't have great straight line speed but his juke moves and stiff arms will make it easy when running after the catch. Is a good blocker but sometimes lets his man inside and lets him get to the play. He has character concerns. He could be an Anquan Boldin type player with the right coaching. He's a top ten pick.
2. Micheal Floyd 6-3 220: Has big character issues and some injury issues. He's a big strong receiver in the mold of Andre Johnson and is tough to press. Relies on his power and hand placement more than his speed to beat DB's (ran of 4.47 at the combine). Has good hands but is somewhat inconsistent. He would be great at a west coast offense or ones that are timing based. Needs some help on route running. Wont outrun DB's after the catch but can bull them over. reminds me of Kenny Britt in some ways. top 25 pick.
3. Alshon Jeffery 6-3 216: Has good release of the line of scrimmage. Has great hands. Route running needs a lot of work as he never really ran pro routes in college. He sometimes rounds his cuts off so that he doesn't shake the DB and the pass gets broken up. He has great after the catch skills and will take a slant to the end zone. doesn't have consistent blocking skills. Could be a poor mans version of Andre Johnson. He's a late 1st rounder to me.
4. Kendall Wright 5-10 196: Has good release of the line but might struggle in press coverage at the NFL level because of his small frame. Nice natural hands. Great route runner. Didn't really have a great 40 time (4.67) but plays faster and was predicted to run in the mid 4.3 range. Very aggressive blocker. He gives great effort every play and wants the ball more than anything else. Reminds me of Steve Smith (Carolina). Gets a late 1st round grade from me.
5. Mohammed Sanu 6-2 211: Doesn't have good speed but wows you in every other aspect of being a WR. Has a good release and uses his body to fight defenders. Very good hands. Is very quick and is a great route runner. Explosive after the catch and will stiff-arm defenders to the end zone. Shows good effort and ability as a blocker. He's a team first guy and I give him a early 2nd round grade. Stevie Johnson is my comparison.
Thanks for reading! Be sure to comment and express your opinions!