At or near the start of every month, we're going to poll the readers of Buffalo Rumblings on their state of mind regarding the chief decision-makers of the Buffalo Bills. This is your poll to state your pleasure, or lack thereof, with GM Buddy Nix. Here are some stories Nix has been heavily involved with over the last month.
- Contract talks with Stevie Johnson are ongoing, with the usual ups and downs of negotiations prevalent. The franchise tag is still an option, per Nix.
- Re-structured the contract of Terrence McGee, reducing his cap figure by $2.52 million in 2012 and $2.81 million in 2013.
- Re-signed kicker Rian Lindell to a four-year, $11 million contract.
- The team is believed to be working on re-signing five impending unrestricted free agents: Johnson, Scott Chandler, Demetrius Bell, Kirk Morrison and Bryan Scott.
- Prior to the McGee re-structure, hosted free agent Stanford Routt on a free agent visit; Routt would eventually sign with Kansas City.
- Confirmed that the team rolled over available 2011 salary cap space into their 2012 books.
- Released veteran safety (and Orchard Park native) Jon Corto.
- Told WGR 550 that the team is not at all interested in trading up to No. 2 to select Baylor QB Robert Griffin III.
- Has repeatedly talked up the depth of the defensive end class, leading most to believe the Bills are not sold on taking a pass rusher with their first-round pick.
- Asked Assistant GM Doug Whaley to become more familiar with the salary cap and the new CBA this off-season.
Previous Five Approval Polls
79% approval October 2011 (7% disapproval; 1,886 votes)
89% approval November 2011 (2% disapproval; 2,285 votes)
55% approval December 2011 (24% disapproval; 1,638 votes)
51% approval January 2012 (27% disapproval; 2,333 votes)
58% approval February 2012 (17% disapproval; 1,926 votes)