Now that the main event of free agency is over, with no superstars left on the market, let's take a look at how I think the first round of the draft will play out. After that we'll look at how I see the remainder of Buffalo's draft going.
Also, I believe Chan is going to convince Buddy Nix to trade for Tebow, only at the right price of course, because he won't be starting here unless our season is over at the midway point. Chan could possibly mold Tebow, he is renowned for his work with Kordell Stewart. Plus, our FO wants even more ticket sales and jersey sales after what they saw with the Mario signing. So as much as I am unsure if I want Tebow or not, I lean more towards the not, I'll go on a limb and say we get him for the 5th round pick we got from the Lynch trade. Jacksonville would like to make a play for him but they just got Chad Henne to backup last years 10th selection Blaine Gabbert. Miami has been whiffing on everyone they try to get, so I'll just say they somehow lose out on him if they are interested.
And here we go...
1. Indianapolis Colts- Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
2. Washington Redskins (From St. Louis)- Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor
3. Minnesota Vikings- Matt Kalil, OT, USC
4. Cleveland Browns- Trent Richardson. RB, Alabama
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
6. St. Louis Rams (From Washington)- Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma St.
7. Jacksonville Jaguars- Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina
8. Miami Dolphins- Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M
-They missed on everyone else, Tannehill can't run or hide. He won't mind the paycheck though.
9. Carolina Panthers- Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis
10. *TRADE* Dallas Cowboys (From Buffalo)- Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
-In my last mock I had this trade also, obviously no one knows but it would be a good spot for us to move down and Dallas could further solidify their secondary after signing Brandon Carr. They give us their 3rd round pick for this swap.
11. Kansas City Chiefs- David DeCastro, G, Stanford
12. Seattle Seahawks- Luke Kuechly, ILB, Boston College
13. Arizona Cardinals- Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame
14. Buffalo (From Dallas)- Reilly Reiff, OT, Iowa
- I prefer Jonathan Martin, but it seems not many other people do, so I say we take whoever we have rated higher.
15. Philadelphia Eagles- Melvin Ingram, OLB, South Carolina
16. New York Jets- Courtney Upshaw, OLB/DE, Alabama
17. Cincinnati Bengals (From Oakland)- Whitney Mercilus, DE, Illinois
18. San Diego Chargers- Cordy Glenn, G, Georgia
19. Chicago Bears- Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford
20. Tennessee Titans- Nick Perry, DE, USC
21. Cincinnati Bengals- Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama
22. Cleveland Browns (From Atlanta)- Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor
23. Detroit Lions- Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina
24. Pittsburgh Steelers- Mike Adams, OT, Ohio St
25. Denver Broncos- Michael Brockers, DT, LSU
26. Houston Texans- Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech
27. New England Patriots- Mark Barron, S, Alabama
28. Green Bay Packers- Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin
29. Baltimore Ravens- Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama
30. San Francisco 49ers- Zebrie Sanders, OT, Florida St.
31. New England Patriots- Devon Still, DE/DT, Penn St.
32. New York Giants- Kevin Zeitler, G, Wisconsin
Buffalo Bills Overall Draft:
RD 1, PICK 14- Reilly Reiff, OT, Iowa
RD 2, PICK 41- Shea McClellin, OLB/DE, Boise St.
RD 3, PICK 72- Chase Minnifield, CB, Virginia
RD 3, PICK 83- Greg Childs, WR, Arkansas
RD 4, PICK 105- Keenan Robinson, OLB, Texas
RD 4, PICK 124- Janzen Jackson, FS, McNeese St.
RD 5, PICK 136- Quinton Saulsberry, C, Mississippi St.
*RD 5, PICK 138- Traded to Broncos for Tim Tebow*
RD 6, PICK 167- Chris Galippo- ILB, USC
RD 7, PICK 200- David Paulson, TE, Oregon
My altogether early predictions....
AFC East- New England AFC South- Houston AFC West- Denver AFC North- Baltimore
NFC East- Dallas NFC South- Carolina NFC West- Seattle NFC North- Chicago
AFC- San Diego, Buffalo
NFC- Green Bay, Philadelphia
Yes, that means no Steelers, Saints, Falcons, Giants, Lions, 49ers, or Jets (once again)! The Saints have a lot of crap going on so I will make that bold prediction that they barely miss the postseason. I have a strong feeling about Carolina having a real good year and winning the South. The Giants will have a Super Bowl hangover. The Jets will miss the playoffs every year until Rex Ryan is fired. Atlanta is another team I like but we all know the turnover that happens every year in the playoffs. And of course, I'm being generous to our Buffalo Bills, but I always keep hopes alive until the 7th or 8th loss of the year. This could very well be our year to get in.
AFC- Houston v. Baltimore
NFC- Dallas v. Green Bay
Super Bowl XLVII- In New Orleans, LA
"The Texas Showdown"
Houston Texans defeat Dallas Cowboys, 31-20
Super Bowl MVP- Arian Foster