I swear, I need more work to do. I am a husband and father of a 2 year old little girl. I work full time and go to school full time. Yet, I still spend too much time thinking about the Bills and the draft. I do all my posts and my internet research/reading while I'm at work when we're slow (call center). I love it though, and I again have the urge to make a mock draft and post it. I will not be doing trade scenarios this time around (even if I DO hope Buffalo trades down) although they are bound to happen.
Before I post the mock, I wonder, what are my fellow Rumblers' thoughts on picking up a couple cheap vets after the draft that could help the team? These would be one year deals for these guys hoping to get another big payday... such as Vince Young, Plaxico Burress, Matt Leinart, Lardarius Webb, and Marcus McNeill. I would prefer VY as a backup to Fitz this year. Webb would be an interesting signing if it was an appropriate price tag and McNeill would sign a 1 year deal and could be a big payoff or at least a stop gap while we develop Hairston and another LT prospect.NFL ROUND 1
1. Indianapolis- Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor
-You heard it first, well maybe not. I realize it is 98% likely that they take Luck... but these guys really are neck and neck. Luck has more years being successful in college and is probably more "safe". But in today's NFL athleticism is coveted. Luck is very athletic as well but I see Indy shocking the world and taking RGIII instead of him.
2. Washington (From STL)- Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
-Mike Shanahan's head spins. He is ecstatic he has Luck on his side, but they made the trade to No. 2 knowing they would get 1 of the 2 QB's...either one and it didn't matter which. I think Shanahan is just a little sad that its not RGIII.
3. Minnesota- Matt Kalil, OT, USC
4. Cleveland- Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma St.
5. Tampa Bay- Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
6. St. Louis (From WAS)- Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
7. Jacksonville- Quinton Coples, DE, UNC
8. Miami- Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M
9. Carolina- Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
10. Buffalo- Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa
- I really do hope we move down... but I think if Bell isn't back by the draft we will take the best OT available and Reiff seems to be the consensus here. I hope he is the right guy for the job.
11. Kansas City- David DeCastro, G, Stanford
12. Seattle- Melvin Ingram, DE, South Carolina
13. Arizona- Luke Kuechly, ILB, Boston College
14. Dallas- Michael Brockers, DT, LSU
15. Philadelphia- Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis
16. NY Jets- Mark Barron, S, Alabama
17. Cincinnati (From OAK)- Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame
18. San Diego- Nick Perry, LB/DE, USC
19. Chicago- Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford
20. Tennessee- Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina
21. Cincinnati- Cordy Glenn, G, Georgia
22. Cleveland (From ATL)- Lamar Miller, RB, Miami
23. Detroit- Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin
24. Pittsburgh- Courtney Upshaw, LB/DE, Alabama
25. Denver- Fletcher Cox, DT, Miss. St.
26. Houston- Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor
27. New England (From NO)- Whitney Mercilus, DE/LB, Illinois
28. Green Bay- Andre Branch, DE/LB, Clemson
29. Baltimore- Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech
30. San Francisco- Mike Adams, OT, Ohio St.
31. New England- Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama
32. NY Giants- Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama
BUFFALO BILLS RD 1-7
1 (10). Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa
-Fills a glaring need at left tackle for us
2 (41). Alfonzo Dennard, CB, Nebraska
-Good value for a very good CB, and it brings more talented youth to our secondary.
3 (71). Kirk Cousins, QB, Michigan St.
- We get our developmental QB in the 3rd round. Let's hope he develops a little better than our previous 3rd round QB.
4 (105). Keenan Robinson, OLB, Texas
- I've had him slotted here in most of my mocks so it's obvious that I really like him. My fear is that he won't be around this long but I hope he is. Fits nicely as a 4-3 OLB.
4 (124)- Tommy Streeter, WR, Miami
- Has good size, hopefully he can become our #2 WR if Easley doesn't excel this year.
5 (144)- Jake Bequette, DE, Arkansas
5 (147)- Donnie Fletcher, CB, Boston College
-We keep getting younger which means baaad things... for Florence/McGee/McKelvin
6 (178)- Ryan Miller, G/T, Colorado
-Depth on O-Line, and hey his name is Ryan Miller.
7 (217)- Marquis Maze, WR, Alabama
-Our new Roscoe Parrish
7 (251)- Darius Fleming, OLB, Notre Dame