I think we recent remarks by Buddy Nix, and articles published by Brian, it can be safe to say that the Buffalo Bills will not draft a DE with their 10th pick. I have made a list of players who I believe can be possible targets for the Bills. Lets Also look at positions and if those Positions require an upgrade.
QB, RB (Although you never know with NIx haha), DE (Because of recent remarks), DT/NT (Williams comes back healthy, we drafted Dareus, & have excellent at this position), Safety (No one good enough at this point, and happy with Jarius and company), OLB (Also because of recent remarks, and the confidence the team has in current group), TE (No one good enough this early)
Who does this Eliminate?
- RGIII (QB) - Baylor: Nix is not interested in trading for him
- Quinton Couples (DE) - UNC: Because of recent remarks
- Melvin Ingram (DE) - South Carolina - Because of recent remarks
- Courtney Upshaw (DE) - Alabama - Because of recent remarks
- Dontari Pie (NT) - Memphis - I've seen a few people mock him to the Bills. No way I see this happening. We got Marcell Dareus last year and have significant depth at the position. No way.
- Nick Perry (DE/OLB) - USC: This would have been my favorite selection but i'll have to continue with "because of recent remarks"
- Luke Kuechley (ILB) - BC: I love this guy - but the team is very high on Kelvin Sheppard at MLB
- Whitney Mercilus (DE) - Illinois: Too early for him, regardless if the team is high on him.
- Michael Brockers (DT) - LSU: Like I said we have depth and Dareus
- Trent Richardson (RB) - Alabama: Spiller, Jackson
- OT/OG: Buddy Nick has discussed on several occasions the lack of depth and talent we have on the offensive line. There are some good offensive lineman available at the top of the 1st.
- WR: We will sign or franchise Stevie Johnson, but he needs help on the other side to get some pressure off of him. WR is a real possibility.
- CB: Our defensive backs are weak. McGee is coming back from injury. McKelvin is just God awful. Florence is ok. Aaron Wiliams is a rising star. The team showed interest in Routt but he went over to KC.
Whose left? (In order of ranking according to my Big Board Consensus Big Board) (Cross out means player will not be available)
Matt Kalil (OT) - USC:Matt Kalil will most probably be taken by the Vikings at #3. But he will NOT last to 10.
Morris Claiborne (CB) - LSU:The consensus top CB in the draft will be a hot entity. The Rams, Vikings, Bucs, Redskins could all use an upgrade at that position. Claiborne will not be available for us.
Justin Blackmon (WR) - Oklahoma St.: The consensus top WR in the class is drawing comparisons to a young TO. The Rams are very interested. Blackmon is a top 5 pick, and will not be available for us to draft.
The next 5 are possibilities for the Bills
David DeCastro (G) - Stanford: David DeCastro is drawing comparisons to Steve Huchinson of the Seahawks. He is the prototype LG. He is also athletic enough to play RT. We have depth issues on the offensive line. I am very content with Levitre but doesn't be there isn't a place for Castro to play.
Riley Reiff (OT) - Iowa: Reiff was at one point rated the same level as Kalil by Mike Mayock. But that quickly changed. Reiff is an excellent, polished, talented, OT prospect. He can play both LT and RT.
Dre Kirkpatrick (CB) - Alabama: Kirkpatrick is a talented cover corned who has the size to cover the bigger receivers in the NFL. He has good tape - but has a few lingering issues that need to be resolved. We will know more after his pro-day
Jonathan Martin (OT) - Stanford OR Cordy Glenn (OT) Georgia: I put both players here because both are considered below top 10 on the big board. Martin is more of a finesse OT who lacks strength, making up for it with his technique and athleticism. Glenn is the complete opposite, and is moving up draft boards because he is strong.
- Michael Floyd (WR) - Notre Dame: Floyd is large, athletic, talented, fast, and special. He dominated during his college tenure at Notre Dame even with out stability at the QB position. He would be the perfect compliment to Stevie Johnson. He is moving up draft boards and could be a real possibility for the Bills at #10
THE PICK: With the 10th overall pick in the 2012 NFL draft, the Buffalo Bills will select Michael Floyd (WR) - Notre Dame: 6'3'' 220 lbs ran 40 in 4.47. Tape is impressive. Great for the offense.
The Pick: I think with the 10th overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills will select Riley Reiff (OT) - Iowa. Reiff stands at 6'6'' 313lbs. He ran the 40 in 5.23 with 23 in BP. His arms measured in at 33.25 inches. Scouts like his tape and overall ability. Most have him ranked somewhere in the top 10 of their big board. We have depth issues on the offensive line. Even if Bell is signed, he cannot remain healthy. We also need an upgrade in talent at RT. Reiff makes sense for the Bills moving forward.........
MY WISH LIST
Of course this doesn't necessarily mean what I want - just came to the conclusion based on recent comments. My wish list is different - and considers which player will be available at #10. Ranked in order of desire.
- Nick Perry (DE/OLB) - USC
- Melvin Ingram (DE) - South Carolina
- Luke Kuelichly (LB) - BC
- Quinton Couples (DE) - North Carolina
- Courtney Upshaw (DE) - Alabama