This will be my 5th and final mock draft of the off-season. I've had quite a few changes, but some things stay the same. I will do my best to include trades that I foresee (magically) happening. I have said in my past couple mocks that the first 6 picks seem to be set in stone, and I really believe that...therefore no trades will be made until at least #7. I'm the long lost grandson of Nostradamus. I enjoy the "mock season" but am glad it's almost over. I'm just sad we have 4 months to go for the real action to start. Nevertheless, you know the drill.
NFL ROUND 1
1. Indianapolis Colts- Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
2. Washington Redskins (From STL)- Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor
3. Minnesota Vikings- Matt Kalil, OT, USC
4. Cleveland Browns- Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
6. St. Louis Rams (From WAS)- Justin Blackmon, WR, Okla. St
7. Jacksonville Jaguars- Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame
-they have a plethora of needs, none more than straight up OFFENSE
8. Miami Dolphins- Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M
9. Carolina Panthers- Fletcher Cox, DT, Miss. St.
10. *TRADE* Dallas Cowboys (From BUF)- Mark Barron, S, Alabama
-Buffalo's "smokescreen" works for them, as they receive Dallas' #14 overall pick as well as their 18th pick in the 3rd round to move down 4 spots. We may have actually taken Barron had Jerry not come calling, but we have other needs to tend to.
11. Kansas City Chiefs- David DeCastro, G, Stanford
12. Seattle Seahawks- Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College
13. Arizona Cardinals- Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa
14. Buffalo Bills (From DAL)- Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina
-We still get one of the 3 guys we favored while adding a 3rd round pick. Not bad, Buddy.
15. Philadelphia Eagles- Melvin Ingram, LB, South Carolina
16. New York Jets- Quinton Coples, DE, UNC
17. Cincinnati Bengals (From OAK)- Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
18. San Diego Chargers- Courtney Upshaw, LB, Alabama
19. Chicago Bears- Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor
20. Tennessee Titans- Michael Brockers, DT, LSU
21. Cincinnati Bengals- Cordy Glenn, G/T, Georgia
22. Cleveland Browns- Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech
23. Detroit Lions- Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford
24. Pittsburgh Steelers- Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama
25. Denver Broncos- Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis
26. Houston Texans- Mike Adams, OT, Ohio St.
27. New England Patriots- Whitney Mercilus, DE/LB, Illinois
28. Green Bay Packers- Shea McClellin, LB, Boise St.
29. Baltimore Ravens- Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin
30. *TRADE* Cleveland Browns (From SF)- Brandon Weeden, QB, Okla. St.
-The Browns get the QB they want, who I predict starts the season opener, and give up their 5th pick in the 2nd round and the 5th pick in the 4th. The 49ers have plenty of options when its their turn on day 2.
31. New England Patriots- Chandler Jones, DE, Syracuse
32. New York Giants- Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford
Buffalo Bills Rounds 1-7
1 (10)- Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina- Our cover guy of now and the future.
2 (41)- Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina- Will stretch the field opposite Stevie and open a lot of things up.
3 (72)- Kirk Cousins, QB, Michigan St.- Now we get our QB of the future, will motivate Fitz and can take over in a year or two. Good size and arm and a 3 year starter at MSU.
3 (82)- Brandon Mosley, OT, Auburn- Will backup and push Chris Hairston.
4 (105)- Emmanuel Acho, OLB, Texas- Fits the mold as a 4-3 OLB for us, can play SAM.
4 (124)- DeQuan Menzie, CB, Alabama- Not the biggest guy, but still a physical corner.
5 (136)- Tank Carder, ILB, TCU- Instinctive linebacker provides depth to our LB corps.
5 (138)- Nate Potter, OT, Boise St.- Depth, depth, depth. Need lots of depth on our O-line.
6 (167)- James Hanna, TE, Oklahoma- I don't care what Nix says
7 (200)- Frank Alexander, DE, Oklahoma- A false test showed heart problems so he couldn't compete at the combine, but since has been proven healthy and he had a good pro day. Could be a big steal in the 7th.