CHESTNUT HILL MA - SEPTEMBER 25: Tyrod Taylor #5 of the Virginia Tech Hokies scrambles with the ball as Luke Kuechly #40 of the Boston College Eagles defends on September 25 2010 at Alumni Stadium in Chestnut Hill Massachusetts. (Photo by Elsa/Getty Images)
We're now mere hours away from the start of the 2012 NFL Draft, and for those of you who have chosen not to temporally immerse yourself in football to keep up to date on all of the latest Buffalo Bills rumors, this post is for you.
- WGR 550's Joe Buscaglia reported on Tuesday that the Bills have a high degree of interest in Alabama safety Mark Barron. They also like South Carolina cornerback Stephon Gilmore and, perhaps to a lesser degree, Boston College linebacker Luke Kuechly. Buscaglia has only just stopped short of calling Barron the front-runner for the pick based on what he's hearing from his league source.
- On Tuesday night, Charley Casserly of NFL Network reported that the Bills are high on Texas A&M quarterback Ryan Tannehill, and that they'd take him with their No. 10 pick if available. 24 hours later, he'd switched things up, reporting that the Bills are interested in trading up for USC tackle Matt Kalil - so much so that they'd surrender a Round 2 pick to get it done. Mark Gaughan of The Buffalo News has a source confirming that the Bills' interest in Kalil is legitimate.
- Rob Rang of CBSSports.com reported on Wednesday night that talk of the Bills selecting a defender was "total BS," per a source, and that the Bills were trying to do two things in spreading rumors about the likes of Barron and Kuechly: drum up trade interest in their top pick and disguise their intention of taking an offensive player. Rang reports that the Bills have their sights set on Notre Dame receiver Michael Floyd and Stanford tackle Jonathan Martin with their Round 1 pick.
- Rang also reports that the Bills have been contacted by the San Diego Chargers about a potential trade for the No. 10 pick; the Chargers are interested in moving up for Barron. The Chargers have the No. 18 overall pick in the first round, and the No. 49 overall pick in the second round.
- Mike Mayock of NFL Network has correctly predicted the Bills' last four first-round picks (Leodis McKelvin, Aaron Maybin, C.J. Spiller and Marcell Dareus). This year, he has the Bills taking Kuechly in his one and only mock. Take that for what you will.
Keep it locked in, because the rumor mill doesn't run any faster than it does on draft day.