At the start of every month, we're going to poll the readers of Buffalo Rumblings on their state of mind regarding the chief decision-makers of the Buffalo Bills. This is your poll to state your pleasure, or lack thereof, with head coach Chan Gailey. Here are some stories Gailey has been heavily involved with over the last month.
- Told reporters at spring OTAs that third-year receiver Donald Jones is currently ahead of the competition in the bid for a starting wideout job.
- Confirmed that Cordy Glenn and Chris Hairston will compete for the left tackle job during training camp. (His GM is humming a slightly different tune.)
- Handicapped the backup quarterback race, citing a trade-off between Vince Young's experience and Tyler Thigpen's knowledge of Buffalo's offense.
- Moved two veterans that struggled in 2011 to the slot, where they had strong spring practices: Jones, the receiver, and cornerback Leodis McKelvin.
- While singing the third-year receiver's praises, Gailey also told reporters that Marcus Easley has an uphill climb to make the team and earn playing time.
- After playing Spencer Johnson at end early in OTAs, the veteran defensive lineman was later spotted playing defensive tackle.
- After spending a few weeks practicing at quarterback, Brad Smith closed out spring practices lining up at receiver.
- For the uninitiated, here's a long look at Gailey's offense, and how new halfback Dorin Dickerson may fit into the scheme.
- Nearly three-quarters of Buffalo Rumblings readership believes that Gailey has a better than 50-50 shot of coaching into the 2013 season, regardless of how the team performs in 2012.
Previous Five Approval Polls
78% approval February 2012 (8% disapproval; 1,979 votes)
78% approval March 2012 (7% disapproval; 2,185 votes)
88% approval April 2012 (2% disapproval; 1,835 votes)
88% approval May 2012 (1% disapproval; 2,769 votes)
87% approval June 2012 (1% disapproval; 2,617 votes)