At the start of every month, we're going to poll the readers of Buffalo Rumblings on their state of mind regarding the chief decision-makers of the Buffalo Bills. This is your poll to state your pleasure, or lack thereof, with head coach Chan Gailey. Here are some stories Gailey has been heavily involved with over the last month.
- Make sure you check out the team's first official, purportedly Gailey-approved depth chart from training camp before voting.
- In ongoing position battles news: Chris Hairston had a slight edge at left tackle over Cordy Glenn before an Erik Pears injury forced him to take some reps on the right side; he's been largely critical of the backup quarterback contenders; Arthur Moats has been the big mover in the linebacker battle; the reserve defensive tackle race is one worth watching.
- In "how they're practicing" news, safety Da'Norris Searcy has been working with the ones to improve communication, while "slash" player Brad Smith has been working with the quarterbacks, though he'll eventually play some receiver and run the Wildcat, as well.
- Gailey outlined the expanded fullback role in his offense, and complimented Corey McIntyre on how well he's adjusted to the change.
- Among the many players that Gailey has openly praised to this point, Moats, Derek Hagan (link) and Stephon Gilmore (link) are the most noteworthy.
- Has set very lofty expectations for starting quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick.
- Gailey's offense led the NFL in three- and four-receiver sets in 2011 by a considerable margin in both categories.
- Speaking of Gailey's offense, click here and here for an in-depth look at two key philosophies comprising Gailey's passing attack in Buffalo.
Previous Five Approval Polls
78% approval March 2012 (7% disapproval; 2,185 votes)
88% approval April 2012 (2% disapproval; 1,835 votes)
88% approval May 2012 (1% disapproval; 2,769 votes)
87% approval June 2012 (1% disapproval; 2,617 votes)
85% approval July 2012 (1% disapproval; 2,426 votes)