At the start of every month, we're going to poll the readers of Buffalo Rumblings on their state of mind regarding the chief decision-makers of the Buffalo Bills. This is your poll to state your pleasure, or lack thereof, with head coach Chan Gailey. Here are some stories Gailey has been heavily involved with over the last month.
- The Bills went 0-4 in pre-season action: L 6-7 (WAS); L 14-36 (MIN); L 7-38 (PIT); L 32-38 (DET). Buffalo's starters were outscored 38-24 in exhibition play.
- Gailey named rookie Cordy Glenn the starting left tackle before the team's third pre-season game against Pittsburgh.
- After a trade for quarterback Tarvaris Jackson was finalized, Gailey decided to keep Tyler Thigpen on the roster and count Brad Smith as not just a fourth quarterback, but a fifth wide receiver.
- The team remains in flux at linebacker, where Kirk Morrison was beaten out for a starting job by Arthur Moats, who may eventually lose that job to rookie Nigel Bradham.
- Signed off on the release of 35 players in the month, including Vince Young, Derek Hagan, Marcus Easley, Shawne Merriman and Dwan Edwards.
Previous Five Approval Polls
88% approval April 2012 (2% disapproval; 1,835 votes)
88% approval May 2012 (1% disapproval; 2,769 votes)
87% approval June 2012 (1% disapproval; 2,617 votes)
85% approval July 2012 (1% disapproval; 2,426 votes)
89% approval August 2012 (1% disapproval; 2,355 votes)