Each year, there a plethora of excuses offered up to mitigate the Bills on field performance. Take last year; some choice nuggets were:
- We're still rebuilding, it takes time
- Look what CHIX inherited, so many "old regime guys"
- The lockout hurt us
- We're learning the 3-4
- We're learning the 4-3
- We were going to draft a QB, but, he wasn't there when it was our turn
- It was the ribs, I tell ya!
And, here we are on the verge of Bills version 2012. Thinking ahead, here's some ideas for this year's list:
- It's only year __ of the rebuild
- So many "new regime guys"
- If only David Lee hadn't messed with Fitz
- Once our receivers grow taller, we'll be fine
- The damn Mayans made us lose our focus
- Had the world not ended, we'd have finished strong
- If there would have been a Super Bowl, we were there.
- "Y'all, It's a dang shame the world plum ended. Our guy would have been there at QB in the 2013 draft. But, hey, having Fitz as our QB ain't the end of the World!"...oh wait! - Buddy Nix
This is only a partial list. There will be no excuses for the last 3 games...