Mark J. Rebilas-US PRESSWIRE
There were some good and bad stories from Super Bowl week revolving around the Buffalo Bills. Don Beebe got a lot of press time, but Stevie Johnson's workout routine came under scrutiny.
With the expectation that the Bills will take a QB in the draft and use a bridge QB (they are banking on Tarvaris Jackson over Ryan Fitzpatrick), the top spots Buffalo could address in free agency are outside linebacker (pass rusher), 3-4 defensive end, and tight end/slot receiver where they'd prefer the tight end.
If the Bills are going to overhaul the defense, these additions make sense - but I'd prefer to see an inside linebacker of weak-side linebacker as opposed to a pass rusher. Assuming the Bills go 3-4 as this article does, Mario Williams and Mark Anderson are both capable of rushing the passer, but the other linebacker positions were subpar in 2012. At the bare minimum, Buffalo needs to replace nickel linebacker Bryan Scott and address the backside linebacker in the 3-4 alignment if they are going to move in that direction.
Andre Reed Reacts to Hall Snub | WKBW News 7
"Yes this week in NOLA was exhausting and emotional but, it’s not a funeral, no one died, no one got sick, so no, its not a tragedy and no I don’t feel snubbed, I feel honored to be in mix and I know in my heart the Hall will Call me when the time is right. It just wasn’t my time." You can read Reed's full statement here.
Crossroads360: NFL Hall of Fame Quarterback Jim Kelly
"Jerry Johnston talks to Jim Kelly about his football career with the Buffalo Bills, the loss of his son Hunter and his prediction for the 2013 Super Bowl." There's a part two of the video with Jill Kelly, too.
My Super Bowl: Steve Tasker - USA Today
"Bills special team ace recounts his memory of Buffalo's loss in Super Bowl XXV."
Bills WR Stevie Johnson talks social media, Super Bowl and more - SBNation.com
"SB Nation's Amy K. Nelson sat down with Buffalo Bills wide receiver Stevie Johnson in New Orleans this week."
In case you missed it
- Pro Football Focus ranked the Bills offensive line No. 13 in 2012.
- With a little help from Facebook, SB Nation showcases the best NFL fandom map.
- Aaron Williams goes off on Twitter. Again.
- Buffalo's special teams finished No. 8 in the NFL in 2012, 22 spots ahead of Danny Crossman's Lions.
- Don Beebe reflects on "The Play" that defined his career.
- A collection of reactions to Andre Reed's Hall of Fame snub.
- A look at the best young Buffalo Bills.
- Stevie Johnson doesn't like WGR calling him out. Here's Buffalo Rumblings' reaction to his comments to Jim Rome, where he said he hasn't really worked out much in past off-seasons, but plans to do more this year.