These rumors come from Matt Elder at BBD and others.
1. The Chiefs are currently looking at taking Dion Jordan at #1 overall instead of one of the OT's. - Daniel Jeremiah, NFL Network.
2. The Dolphins would like to trade up to land one of the 3 top OT's, Lane Johnson being their target. - Multiple Dolphins beat writers. [This could be our chance to trade down.]
3. The Browns are looking at Tavon Austin really hard. - Multiple analysts.
4. Carolina is going DT early on. - Tony Pauline.
5. CB Jamar Taylor may sneak into round 1. - multiple analysts.
6. A league source tells The Sideline View's Lance Zierlein that Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson could fall out of the first round. NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah is hearing the same thing. At 6-2, 216 pounds with 4.42 speed, Patterson is a freak athlete, but a raw route runner. He's also been nicked for his tendency to "body catch", though he didn't struggle with drops in college. Patterson was reportedly "very unimpressive" in his combine interviews. With legitimate question marks, he could be a steal if he falls to day two.
1. Geno Smith either goes to the Jags at 2 or the Bills at 8.
2. Good starters can be had even in to round 3.
3. Jarvis Jones goes sub 20.
4. Bjoern Werner will fall out of the top 10 and be a steal.
5. One QB in the top 10.
He's essentially saying that if we do not land Geno, we do not pick a QB in round 1. He sees Nassib and Manuel going in round 2. I would say that if we can trade down with the Dolphins we still might go QB in round 1. Rumors will be flying for another two weeks.