With a few free agent signings to date and quite a few departures via free agency and retirement, the Bills still have a lot of holes to fill before the 2013 season begins. I won't lie, I usually write these predictions based on how I feel and how I'd like to see OBD go about it. Admittedly, I don't think of myself as an expert at scouting, but I am an avid fan of all sports, especially the NFL. So I will try to be as objective as possible and predict how I see our front office going about the remainder of free agency and the draft. I will also include a first round mock draft for the NFL as a whole. Let me know what you think Bills fans, I know you will. One thing I know is no one ever gets a mock draft completely right, so mine will definitely look a little different than most.
Bills needs: QB, WR (2), TE, G, LB (2), CB, S, FB
FB- We won't spend a draft pick on one, so either an undrafted FA or: Corey McIntyre.
WR- We sign Steve Breaston. He is a complimentary guy who can make plays from time to time. No superstar.
TE- We need a pass catching TE in the worst way if Chandler can't start the season. We sign Kellen Winslow.
G- Plenty of options out there, none as good as Levitre, but we get one former Jet. We sign Brandon Moore.
Needs after FA: QB, WR, LB (2), CB, S (6 major needs, 6 draft picks available.)
NFL MOCK DRAFT- ROUND 1
1. Kansas City- Luke Joeckel, LT, Texas A&M. The only surefire pick, as long as they don't trade down.
2. Jacksonville- Dion Jordan, DE/LB, Oregon. I feel it's between him and Geno. They take Jordan, if they're smart.
3. Oakland- Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah. They lost Seymour and Bryant, and cut Tommy Kelly.
4. Philadelphia- Eric Fisher, LT, Central Michigan. Pretty easy pick for a team with a shaky O-Line.
5. Detroit- Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee. Ansah will be tempting, but pairing him with Calvin? Look out.
6. Cleveland- Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia. Playing it close to their vest, I think the Browns want him badly.
7. Arizona- Lane Johnson, LT, Oklahoma. With their QB situation settled (sort of) they will not protect it.
8. Buffalo- Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama. The BPA (besides Warmack?) fell into our lap. Gilmore-Milliner for years.
9. NY Jets- Ezekiel Ansah, DE/LB, BYU. Jets get another youthful pass rusher. Can Rex make it work?
10. Tennessee- Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida St. Need CB help badly, he is rising up the boards.
11. San Diego- Barkevious Mingo, OLB, LSU.
12. Miami- Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington.
13. Tampa Bay- Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida.
14. Carolina- Chance Warmack, G, Alabama.
15. New Orleans- Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas.
16. St. Louis- Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia.
17. Pittsburgh- Jarvis Jones, LB, Georgia.
18. Dallas- Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri.
19. NY Giants- D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama.
20. Chicago- Jonathan Cooper, G, North Carolina.
21. Cincinnati- Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama.
22. St. Louis (from WAS)- Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas St.
23. Minnesota- Robert Woods, WR, USC.
24. Indianapolis- Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia.
25. Minnesota (from SEA)- Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi St.
26. Green Bay- Keenan Allen, WR, California.
27. Houston- DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson.
28. Denver- Datone Jones, DE, UCLA.
29. New England- Bjoern Werner, DE, FSU.
30. Atlanta- Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio St.
31. San Francisco- Matt Elam, S, Florida.
32. Baltimore- Kevin Minter, ILB, LSU.
33. Jacksonville- Matt Barkley, QB, USC.
34. San Francisco- Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M.
35. Philadelphia- E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida St.
36. Detroit- Alex Okafor, DE, Texas.
37. Cincinnati- Manti T'eo, LB, Notre Dame.
38. Arizona- Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame.
39. NY Jets- Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse.
40. Tennessee- Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford.
41. Buffalo- Mike Glennon, QB, North Carolina St. I believe the guy we most want to fall to us...does.
Buffalo Draft Rd 1-6
Rd. 1, Pick 8. Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama.
Rd. 2, Pick 41. Mike Glennon, QB, N.C. St.
Rd. 3, Pick 71. Aaron Dobson, WR, Marshall.
Rd. 4. Kevin Reddick, ILB, North Carolina.
Rd. 5. Dion Sims, TE, Michigan St.
Rd. 6. Ty Powell, LB, Harding.