FanPost

How the Patriots won Moneyball



When the Patriots signed a one Tim Tebow yesterday they effectively signed and won the Moneyball sweepstakes

i as many are not a fan of Tebow because of his offseason media frenzy cast that comes along with him but i am a fan of Tebow onfield

some of you will say he has a 47% completion rating as a QB and he's crappy at being a QB completion rating isn't what we should measure a QB by the job of a QB is to score points and Tebow does it with the best of them

Career percentage of touches that result in a TD:
Tim Tebow — 6.0 percent
Aaron Rodgers — 5.7 percent
Peyton Manning — 5.5 percent
Tom Brady — 5.1 percent
Drew Brees — 4.7 percent
John Elway — 3.9 percent

6% of Tebows career touches have resulted in a TD thats nearly 1% better than his new mentor Tom Brady

Tebows completion percentage is awful true , Tebow yards per completion is not he averages 14 yards per completion 14 yards

Tim Tebow — 14 yards
Aaron Rodgers — 12 yards
Peyton Manning — 12 yards
Tom Brady — 12 yards
Drew Brees — 11 yards

Some will say that it was Tebows receivers who amassed that feat for him which true tebow did have some amazing receivers Tebow accounted for 62% of his passing yards as air yards his receivers picked him up the other 38%

Tebow has better numbers where it matters than the top 4 QBs in the league and this is the BIGGEST reason why the Patriots have won moneyball

Tebow scores a TD (rushing or passing) on avg every 19 plays

Brady scores every 18 plays

Rodgers scores every 15 plays <—— Just wow BTW

P Manning scores every 18 plays

Brees scores every 19 plays

Buffalos Past and Present QBs

Fitzpatrick scores every 25 plays

Kolb scores every 28 plays

Tebow on avg scores 3 TDs per game from the QB position that is a Full TD better than Fitz and Kolb

disregard this line its incomplete data my apologizes

*side note* i did pull some of the stats i used from my comments in Brians fanshot of the Pats signing

Just another great fan opinion shared on the pages of BuffaloRumblings.com.

SB Nation Featured Video
X
Log In Sign Up

forgot?
Log In Sign Up

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.

Join Buffalo Rumblings

You must be a member of Buffalo Rumblings to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Buffalo Rumblings. You should read them.

Join Buffalo Rumblings

You must be a member of Buffalo Rumblings to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Buffalo Rumblings. You should read them.

Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_9341_tracker