1. Resign byrd- pay the man!!
2. Resign carrington- he'll be a bargain coming off an injury. I thought he was poised for a career season before he went down. We need to rotate our d-line to keep em fresh!! Carrington is a necesary piece to the puzzle.
3. resign chandler- if there is 1 big receiving threat (sammy watkins, ebron, mike evans,) chandler will be a great 4th option.
4. Sign FA brandon spikes. He's a run stopper. We need a run stopper. Nuff said.
5. Schwartz has to adapt to his players strengths. I think he will do this. I think a hybrid defense that relies heavily on disguise works to our advantage. Our defense is 2 players (CB, and brandon spikes)away to being a a top 5 defense.That takes me to my mock. I dont know alot of college footaball players names so i will highligght positions for rds 2-7
IF WE DONT TRADE DOWN:
Rd 1 sammy watkins- this kid is the real deal. If he's not there we trade down. I would also be happy with ebron or mike evans but watkins should be the target.
Rd.2 TE(Sefarious Jenkins or best available TE)CB(tall, in your face. Menacing. ) Our dbs got picked on last year. I told you i suck with names.
Rd.3 G,T, We have to improve the O line or QB or RB
Rd. 4 G,T, We have to improve the O line or QB or RB
Rd. 5 G,T, We have to improve the O line or QB or RB
Im not giving up on EJ Manuel but he needs to be healthy. I think he can be a top 10 qb if we surround him with weapons and protection. But if our scouts see a guy who may not be the prototypical nfl qb but has potential and the will to win then we should get him. Who knows if EJ misses 7-8 games again next year, and the year after. If he's abust we need a back up plan. If EJ doesn't get injured and He becomes the player he has the potential to be, we can always groom this Rookie QB and trade him or groom him and hope he turns out like aaron rodgers or kaepernick or wilson. Theres no reason why we cant draft a russell wilson. As for the RB situation we need a first down thumper who gets the tough yards. Freddy aint getting younger and cj is too fragile. Cj is a 2nd down back and freddy should be our third down back. I would prefer if we went with OL on 2 of these 3 picks.
Rd 6. DL
Rd. 7 DL
We win every game in the trenches. This may not be sexy picks but i think it fits our team philosophy and needs. Im getting lazy now so im gonna go over my trade down picks quickly.
IF SAMMY WATKINS ISNT THERE AT PICK NO. 9
Rd1- Kelvin Benjamin
Rd 2- Sefarian Jenkens or best available TE
rd-2- shut down ugly bully savage CB