I don't enjoy reading mock drafts beyond predicting the first 20 picks of the draft or so. That being said, I enjoy following the draft. I want some names to follow over the next four months. Here's my dream scenario for the Bills' offseason:
Byrd, Carrington, and Carpenter are re-signed.
Pears, Kolb, and Legursky are cut.
Before the draft, the Bills sign Pitta to start at TE and Zach Strief to start at RT.
Below is my dream draft if appropriate value is available when the Bills pick, given Buffalo's roster as outlined above. Fill in a name if you're up on the prospects.
1. WR (I want him to play immediately and be ticketed as the top WR on the roster w/ Johnson, Woods, and Goodwin playing supporting roles).
2. LB (Draft a run-stuffer and move Alonso to WLB or draft a WLB and bank on Alonso developing further at his current position. Your call).
3. LG (I want a prospect who can compete w/ Buffalo's midseason waiver additions for the starting job).
4. CB (I want a complement to Robey in subpackages, ie- a replacement for Ron Brooks).
5. RB (I expect Spiller and/or Jackson to be gone after next season. I want a #2 RB for 2015).
6. LB (I want depth behind the starting trio of Alonso, Lawson, and whoever you took at #2).
7. P (I want Brian Moorman to have punted for the last time in Buffalo).