Well it look's like it's official, Mike Evans is off the table at 9. The Buc's will likely grab him and even if they don't the Bills hardly need another WR.
Given this news: what do you guys think the Bills want to do with the 9th?
Assume the consensus top 5 prospects are gone: Clowney, Mack, Watkins, Robinson, Matthews. If any of these guys are available I think they are all obvious choices.
1. Trade Down: I think the Bills are hoping to trade down. They nabbed an extra starter last year trading down, a potential defensive rookie of the year candidate.This a deep draft, which means we could easily get another impact starter with a mid-second round pick.
^Trade down success!
2. *Lewan: I'll put Lewan here with an asterisk. He has the talent, I question his character. I won't get the chance to interview him, but the Bills will. If he does well in that interview, I think he's at the top of the remaining players on their draft board. Kiko Alonso and Mike Williams both had character issues in college, clearly the bills are willing to look past that.
3. Barr: The Bills have no immediate need at LB, but he's likely the best player available at 9. He is often pigeonholed as a 3-4 OLB. But he has the tools to be a dominant strong side LB if the Bills go with a 4-3 scheme.
4. Ebron: The fan favorite. Personally I think the 9th pick is too high for the vast majority of first round TE's. Unless your putting up Vernon Davis type numbers, it's too early. Consider only 3 TE's have been drafted in the first half of the first round over the past ten years. #9 is too early. If we trade down however, grab him.
5. CB: The idea of drafting a CB that could potentially also play S is appealing, although somewhat unlikely given the depth at the position. But its true you can never have too many good corners, and S is an unproven position on the roster.
6. DE: Can Jerry Hughes and Manny Lawson fill the DE position opposite Mario? I think it's entirely scheme dependent. If they can't I would project them taking a DE early in the draft, although none of the prospects jump out as guys the Bills would be thrilled to land with the ninth.