Ok so yesterday I tried out what will Buffalo do with the Running Backs on the roster? Today I want to look at the next position of interest to me the Wide Receivers. Same rules apply as my previous post "Back Field in Motion" where I am only looking at the current 90 man roster and I know full well it’s way too early. Right now Buffalo has 12, count them 12 brave men looking to catch passes this season from one E.J. Manuel. Who are these men let’s take a look
From the team last year
New This Year
That makes 6 hold overs and 6 new guys.
Let’s assume that Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods, and Mike Williams are set. Let’s also assume that Chris Summers, Cordell Roberson, and Caleb Holley are "unlikely" to make the team. That takes us to 3 certain and 3 goners leaving us with 6, yes 6 men fighting for what 2 or 3 spots if the Bills decide to keep 5 or push it to 6 which is where the numbers game gets interesting to me.
I think most of the Bills Fans or at least me will say that Marquise Goodwin makes the team as the young speedster has shown a lot or promise. Now we have a potential top 4. What do you do with the 5th spot?
1) T.J. Graham – he of the stone hands who has a similar game to Mr. Goodwin?
2) Marcus Easley – hasn’t done much as a WR but has been a special team ACE for us?
3) Chris Hogan – dare I say a fan favorite?
4) Kevin Elliott – he just keeps sticking around even though he never plays.
5) Ramses Barden – 6 foot 6 inches (haven’t we been saying we need a TALL WR).
Let’s assume 1 maybe two of these guys make the team I just can’t see the Bills keeping 7 but hey maybe you can?