Hey Rumblers, we're a couple days out from the draft and I wanted to get up a bold prediction post before we start getting any legitimate leaks.
1. John Manziel goes #1- I've been on the "Clowney at 1" bandwagon through the entire process, but after reading that HOU has it narrowed down to Clowney or Manziel, I think they go with Johnny. My reasoning is that if you pick #1, and you need a QB, and there's a QB that's good enough to be in the equation at #1, then you HAVE to take him
2. Kyle Fuller is the first CB off the board- just a gut feeling on my part. More versatile than Dennard, and Gilbert scares the crap out of me for some reason
3. Jimmy Garroppolo goes in the first round- Another gut feeling...I hate this QB class, and I think there's going to be a surprise first rounder
4. Teddy Bridgewater falls out of the first round- Speaking of QBs, I think the "slide" of Teddy is real.
5. Ja'Waun James goes in the top 20- OT is too valuable and this guy is too solid. I think he goes higher than anticipated a la Justin Pugh from last year
Got any bold predictions of your own? Or do you think mine are stupid? Jump in the comments section! Also as a bonus...I just read probably the greatest pre-draft series of articles I've ever read. Bob McGinn from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel has written position rankings with a few blurbs from a handful of scouts on each prospect. Fascinating read...interesting to see what these scouts are looking for, and how more often than not they disagree about prospects. If you like reading about the draft, it's a must-read