USA TODAY Sports
It's been a busy six weeks for Buffalo Bills GM Buddy Nix, who continues to re-iterate his desire to draft a franchise quarterback amidst a front office shake-up and a coaching search. Do fans approve of his job performance?
It has been a crazy two weeks covering the Buffalo Bills since the 2012 season came to an end. It's been particularly crazy for GM Buddy Nix, who survived a shift in front office power and the firing of his hand-picked head coach, Chan Gailey. His monthly approval poll is therefore a bit later than normal; we'll get it in anyway, then pick up our normal monthly pace in early February. Here's everything Nix has been involved with over the past month-plus.
- 60 percent of our readers that voted approved of President/CEO Russ Brandon's decision to retain Nix as he assumed direct control over the entire Bills operation.
- Nix was the lead interviewer in the four-man team that spent a week in Arizona interviewing five head coaching candidates. That search ultimately resulted in the hiring of Doug Marrone.
- Though the common belief remains that the Bills plan on drafting a quarterback this April - potentially as early as Round 1, and fueled largely by the fact that Nix keeps talking about his desire to do so - the GM has also sent some mixed signals at the position.
- Two weeks before the end of the season, Nix re-signed starting right guard Kraig Urbik to a four-year, $15 million contract. The latest word on Urbik's running mate, Andy Levitre, is not as positive; Levitre told reporters prior to the season finale that he hadn't yet received a contract offer.
- Went public with his belief that Stevie Johnson could be an elite slot receiver while also talking up T.J. Graham as a high-upside "outside" receiver.
- Nix will be making his fourth straight Top 10 pick this April, when a quarterback may very well join previous Top 10 picks in C.J. Spiller, Marcell Dareus and Stephon Gilmore.
- The Bills were 1-3 since Nix's last approval poll, losing 15-12 to St. Louis, 50-17 to Seattle and 24-10 to Miami before a 28-9 win over New York to close out the year.
For an archive of past Nix approval ratings here at Buffalo Rumblings, check out our new Nix approval poll hub.
Do you approve of the job that Buddy Nix is doing as general manager of the Buffalo Bills?
Approve (807 votes)
Disapprove (225 votes)
Not Sure (205 votes)
1237 total votes