The Buffalo Bills are in the midst of their first mini-camp of the 2008-09 season - rookie mini-camp - and Buffalo's top draft picks are reportedly performing well in their first professional workouts. Be sure to catch the official site's coverage of the three-day camp - the fine folks over there do an outstanding job giving us practice reports, player interviews, and other information. It's all great stuff.
Not surprisingly, rookies are still the talk of the town this weekend in Buffalo. While I prepare for my final week of college classes and final exams today, here's some reading material for y'all:
- Sal Maiorana of the Democrat and Chronicle takes a look at Bills fourth-round cornerback Reggie Corner.
- Jeff Matthews of The Town Talk examines the non-existent relationship between Bills seventh-round pick OT Demetrius Bell and his biological father, former NBA star Karl Malone. Malone has been shockingly absent in Bell's life, but the new Bill may be starting to make a name for himself.
- Scott Pitoniak of the Democrat and Chronicle takes a look at the new rule that will allow Army football players, including Bills fullback Mike Viti, to pursue a career in professional football.
- What does the Toronto Sun think of Ralph Wilson Stadium? Well, it got mixed reviews.
- Finally, here's the article that's sure to spark the most discussion from y'all today. Jerry Sullivan believes that the money we're getting from Toronto should go directly to Lee Evans' bank account.
We'll be back early tomorrow morning with an article outlining reasonable expectations for WR James Hardy's rookie season. Until then, go Bills!