Back in mid-April, just prior to the events of the 2010 NFL Draft, we ran the inaugural Chan Gailey approval poll here at Buffalo Rumblings. The Buffalo Bills' new head coach scored a 70% approval rating at that point in time, having just filled out his coaching staff and overhauled the strength and conditioning department.
Now that the team's OTAs and mini-camps have concluded, this poll will become a weekly feature once training camp starts, and will remain that way throughout the entire 2010 season. (Buddy Nix will be getting monthly polls during the season.) We thought we'd gauge the community's thoughts on Gailey one last time before the real work begins in a hair over a month. What has he done since the first version of this poll? Glad you asked.
- Disclosed that there would be a "pecking order" at training camp with his QBs
- Went out of his way to publicly praise the efforts of Brian Brohm
- Gave those QBs equal first-team reps during spring practices, along with his skill players
- Played a little hardball with disgruntled running back Marshawn Lynch
- Openly praised his training staff and the talents of left tackle candidate Demetrius Bell
- Slotted players into new positions (OG Kyle Calloway, OLB Reggie Torbor, ILB Arthur Moats, SS Jon Corto)
As always, just cast your vote on whether you approve or disapprove not of Gailey's hire, but of what he has accomplished, and what you believe he might have failed to accomplish.