Gil Brandt of NFL.com has re-released his list of Top 100 2011 NFL Draft prospects now that the Combine has been completed. For those of you unaware, Brandt does this not as a player-by-player individual ranking, but as a player-by-group tiered ranking. His first tier of players includes the following ten names:
- QB: Blaine Gabbert (Missouri), Cam Newton (Auburn)
- WR: A.J. Green (Georgia), Julio Jones (Alabama)
- DE: Da'Quan Bowers (Clemson), Robert Quinn (North Carolina)
- DT: Marcell Dareus (Alabama), Nick Fairley (Auburn)
- OLB: Von Miller (Texas A&M)
- CB: Patrick Peterson (LSU)
The unique thing about this year's draft class is that of those ten names, eight of them would make a great deal of sense for the Carolina Panthers with the No. 1 overall pick (at least in my opinion). I also believe that nine of those names should be considerations for the Buffalo Bills for the foreseeable future. How many players from Brandt's list are you willing to scratch off to create a "short list" for the No. 3 overall pick?