For a second consecutive day, the Buffalo Bills have confirmed that 2011 NFL Draft prospects are visiting team headquarters at One Bills Drive. Yesterday, it was Alabama DL Marcell Dareus and Purdue DE Ryan Kerrigan. Today, three more players are in Orchard Park: Florida State QB Christian Ponder, Auburn DT Nick Fairley and Georgia OLB Justin Houston.
That makes five players that we know of that have visited the team this week. Earlier this week, Bills GM Buddy Nix said that the team had scheduled 25 players for pre-draft visits, and that more could be added. Thanks to diligent reporting from a variety of sources, by my count, we know 14 of those names.
- Four defensive linemen: Da'Quan Bowers, Cameron Jordan, Marcell Dareus and Nick Fairley
- Three quarterbacks: Cam Newton, Blaine Gabbert and Christian Ponder
- Three pass rushers: Von Miller, Ryan Kerrigan and Justin Houston
- Two inside linebackers: Kelvin Sheppard and Quan Sturdivant
- One offensive tackle: Gabe Carimi
- One cornerback: Patrick Peterson