Left for dead in the pre-season as usual by football fans everywhere, the Buffalo Bills surprised a lot of people with their 41-7 shellacking of the Kansas City Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium on Sunday. While weekly NFL power rankings are fluffy and almost always meaningless, this week, we're seeing the Bills surge - indicating a level of respect for the team that hasn't been seen in quite some time.
- Joel Thorman of ArrowheadPride.com, who also doubles as SB Nation's NFL editor, bumped the Bills up seven spots to No. 21, then praised Chan Gailey for a second straight week.
- Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk.com, who has been on the Bills' bandwagon for a little while, has the Bills all the way up at No. 13, then mentions that the Jets and Patriots should be nervous. Buffalo jumped 11 spots on PFT's list.
We'll keep adding more power rankings - and where the Bills are listed - after the jump as they become available. Unsurprisingly, however, the theme is consistent: people took notice of the Bills, even if some remain skeptical. It's a start.
- ESPN.com has bumped the Bills up three spots, but only to No. 27 - six spots behind the Chiefs. Sure. That makes sense. There's skepticism, and then there's ignoring reality.
- Former Baltimore Ravens head coach Brian Billick (FOXSports.com) remains skeptical, but has nonetheless bumped the Bills up eight spots all the way to No. 22.
- NFL.com bumps the Bills up a whopping 11 spots, all the way to No. 16, and gives the team kudos for their new uniforms.