At the start of every month, we're going to poll the readers of Buffalo Rumblings on their state of mind regarding the chief decision-makers of the Buffalo Bills. This is your poll to state your pleasure, or lack thereof, with head coach Chan Gailey. Here are some stories Gailey has been heavily involved with over the last month.
- Bills finished 6-10 and were 1-4 since last poll (L 17-23 to TEN; L 10-37 to SD; L 23-30 to MIA; W 40-14 over DEN; L 21-49 to NE).
- Final offensive rankings: No. 14 overall (351.5 YPG), No. 15 passing (231.4 YPG), No. 13 rushing (120.1 YPG), No. 14 scoring (23.2 PPG).
- Final defensive rankings: No. 26 overall (371.1 YPG), No. 19 passing (232.1 YPG), No. 28 rushing (139.0 YPG), No. 30 scoring (27.1 PPG).
- Benched wide receiver Stevie Johnson in the regular season finale for his latest post-TD celebratory penalty.
- Really started to take lumps from local writers, most prominently for his handling of running back C.J. Spiller.
- Some reports indicate that Dave Wannstedt, at minimum, became more involved in defensive game-planning and play-calling near the end of the season.
Previous Five Approval Polls
82% approval August 2011 (4% disapproval; 3,079 votes)
77% approval September 2011 (6% disapproval; 2,755 votes)
94% approval October 2011 (1% disapproval; 2,096 votes)
99% approval November 2011 (0% disapproval; 3,625 votes)
68% approval December 2011 (16% disapproval; 1,756 votes)