At or near the start of every month, we're going to poll the readers of Buffalo Rumblings on their state of mind regarding the chief decision-makers of the Buffalo Bills. This is your poll to state your pleasure, or lack thereof, with GM Buddy Nix. Here are some stories Nix has been heavily involved with over the last month.
- Re-signed star running back Fred Jackson to a two-year, $9 million contract extension with $3 million guaranteed, locking Jackson up through the end of the 2014 season.
- Signed free agent quarterback Vince Young to a one-year, $2 million contract with another $1 million available in incentives, making it clear that Young was signed to compete for a backup job.
- Released veteran cornerback Drayton Florence on May 4 after adding two corners in the 2012 NFL Draft. (Florence has since signed a two-year deal with the Denver Broncos.)
- Has signed eight of nine draft picks, with the lone exception being third-round wide receiver T.J. Graham. Graham is still participating in OTAs without a deal.
- Other roster tinkering: signed FB Dorin Dickerson, WR Derek Session, OT James Carmon, CB Isaiah Green and FS Nick Saenz; waived QB Aaron Corp, OT Paul Madsen, LB Garrick Williams and SS Ian Wild.
Previous Five Approval Polls
51% approval January 2012 (27% disapproval; 2,333 votes)
58% approval February 2012 (17% disapproval; 1,926 votes)
74% approval March 2012 (10% disapproval; 2,028 votes)
97% approval April 2012 (0% disapproval; 2,969 votes)
96% approval May 2012 (0% disapproval; 3,360 votes)