A little over six months ago, the Kansas City Chiefs held the No. 1 overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft - and they'd earned it. Today, they are 8-0, the lone remaining undefeated team in the league, and are preparing to take on a 3-5 Buffalo Bills outfit that will be starting its third different quarterback of the season.
Jeff Tuel replaces Thaddeus Lewis, who replaced first-round rookie EJ Manuel in the starting lineup when Manuel was injured exactly a month ago tonight. Manuel is inching closer to a return to the lineup, but it'll be Tuel trying to solve Kansas City's league-leading, from-all-angles pass rush. If the Bills want to upset the Chiefs and crawl back into the AFC playoff picture, Tuel will need to play well above the standard level of an undrafted rookie, and Buffalo's defense will need to be lights out.
Here is your open thread for the first half of today's game. Let's see what this Jeff Tuel kid is all about, shall we? Go Bills!
More from Buffalo Rumblings:
- Bills-Chiefs: Jeff Tuel to start for injured Thad Lewis, per reports
- Bills-Chiefs inactives: two quarterbacks and five scratches
- Bills vs. Chiefs 2013: NFL Week 9 preview, predictions
- Bills vs. Chiefs 2013: game time, TV schedule, online streaming, odds & more
- Thad Lewis injury: Bills QB doubtful for Chiefs game